Wednesday, February 04, 2015

Big Day Countdown: What to Do?

My BabyCakes is enjoying her stay in my tummy. She is already 40 weeks and 3 days but no spontaneous contractions are happening to me in the mean time. Although my doctor said it's normal, my excitement just keep on getting higher and higher. I have a lot of acquaintances who also got pregnant last year just like me. Seeing their FB page now with photos of their babies surrounded in their arms makes me a bit jealous and frustrated.

On the other hand, my husband, Jeryl always keep on reminding me that we must patiently wait for the will of God. That it is only Him who will decide on our girl's birthday. With that in mind, I always pray for God's guidance on my safe delivery and good health for our baby Athena. For now, I will just enjoy every kicks and punches of my BabyCakes while she is still inside me. Such a blessing! :)

Counting down the remaining days, what a mother like me has to do and accomplish?

  • Check the finances - I always hunger for independence, not just physically, but also financially. Though we already have our baby's hospital bag prepared a month ago, it's harmless to always check the things to bring on my baby's big day. Today, we haven't bought her infant milk and diaper stacks as there's a need to see if our baby will have allergic reaction to any of those. This is also a way to avoid unnecessary expense on our part. It is also wise to double check our money reserves for the labor day. Albeit the fact that we already know the estimated costs in the hospital, some extra cash on hand will give us some peace of mind.
  • Keep close to families - Comfort and relaxation will help us flush our exhaustion caused by the pregnancy. Most of the mommies who are expecting a child take their maternity leaves to spend time with families and the baby. I, for instance, took my leave a week before my estimated due of delivery to have some quality time with my immediate family, husband and my baby. It is very helpful that I am surrounded comfortably with people who are very supportive of my giving birth.
  • Pray - Many mothers-to-be are experiencing mood swings during the latter part of the pregnancy that they become more emotional than before. Some are becoming excited and frustrated at times. Some are getting conscious about their body changes due to hormones. Nevertheless, it must be noted that these emotions are not permanent. We must keep our mind focused on our baby's big day and the concentrated on the happiness it will bring to us. Just like the saying, we should "Keep Calm and Stay Cool". Prayers are very helpful. In everything we do, we should pray. And during these times that we need to keep our faith to God more than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment