Wednesday, December 02, 2015

Google Santa Tracker Talks about Philippines

I was trying to locate a store through Google Maps, when suddenly, I noticed a picture pop in the upper corner of Google - like this.



So I got curious and clicked the Google Santa Tracker (or so they called it).  It's a village (which looks like a Map actually). You can visit Santa's village and you can play, watch and learn and be excited on counting the remaining days before Christmas. Each day, it'll reveal an icon, until on the last part, we'll be helping Santa's elves on gift wrapping.


I was browsing the Learn Holidays Traditions in the village through this big Almanac-like book.


And then I saw Philippines! (wow Proud Pinoy I am)..

But when I was reading the page, hmm.... it got me thinking... Yes. we have the record for the longest Christmas season, but hey, it's not 4 months! It usually extends until February - Valentine's Day or before Chinese New Year (whichever comes first). Normally, that's the time that we are about to change decorations around our houses, malls, parks, and roads. And also, Christmas is about family -  and so there are lots of reunions, parties, and gatherings happening here. So 4 months is understated. Haha.

In short, we are celebrating Christmas for almost half the year!!

Nevertheless, I'm proud of what I am. Filipinos are very traditional and despite the hi-technology world we are in, we never forget the essence of celebrating this wonderful event (aside from our birthday of course)!

xoxo.


No comments:

Post a Comment